cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router red light

amall123
Joining in

Please help. My router has a solid red light and no others. Internet works fine. 

I have rebooted and also reset (pin hole) but no change. 

any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for all your help. New router installed and all working fine again. Thanks MollyT

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

ron_m
On our wavelength

amall123,
Mine is the same! I noticed it earlier in the year after reading an article on the web that said the red light on VM Routers was a warning that it is overheating and in extreme circumstances may catch fire! I contacted VM Support who said it is nothing to worry about, all hunky dory just the LED ageing? Anyone else been told the same.
Regards,
Ron.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Amall123 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these concerns regarding a red light on your hub - thank you for confirming you have tried a reboot and a reset and this has not fixed it! 
I'm just going to pop you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can take a closer look and send out a replacement or an engineer if needed. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Thanks for all your help. New router installed and all working fine again. Thanks MollyT

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That is great to hear amall123. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future.

Nat