cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping in Dundee area

aaronsimon2
Joining in

Hi. I have been having an issue with my virgin media internet connection dropping and have been told to post on this forum. the errors from the log I'm receiving are 

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxx;CMTS-MAC=xxxxxxxxxx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxx;CMTS-MAC=xxxxxxxx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

11 REPLIES 11

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi, thanks for the reply! I call the number and it says there arent any local faults and then hangs up.

aaronsimon2
Joining in

This issue is persisting and I am having some real problems. Is there any way I can get in contact with a member of support staff? the website seems to be an endless loop of not being able to get in contact with a person.

It can take a few days for a reply on here.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi aaronsimon2, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your broadband service, we will do all we can to help. 

In order to look in to this further I will need to take a few more details via private message so I'll pop this over to the red bar at the top of the page now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @aaronsimon2 thanks for your reply to Nat via PM - I am replying on her behalf publicly today.

So based on your BQM link, there are no issues on the line there and this is demonstrated with what is on your account too.

Can you please reboot your Hub and let us know if you are still having problems?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom! I can clearly see on the BQM:

1 outage on the 29th

1 outage on the 28th

1 outage on the 27th

2 outages on the 25th

3 outages on the 24th

6 outages on the 22nd

a quick reminder of the error messages im getting: 

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxx;CMTS-MAC=xxxxxxxxxx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxx;CMTS-MAC=xxxxxxxx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

The issue has not occurred for the last few days, but I will reboot my modem and reply if it happens again. 

Hi @aaronsimon2 thanks for your reply.

So the link you provided via PM, was only one 24-hour log of your BQM so it is unclear where that info was visible, but it's great news that things seem to have stabilised for you.

If you do however need any further help in the future, please let us know!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom. I have been away for a few days and just returned. The problem is persisting. Here is a BQM link from an issue that happened today while I was working from home. 

Kind regards,

Aaron

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b533515c693c1664430fc1faf1c9693b33...