cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speeds on VM Hub 3.0

eaglewolf
Tuning in

My upload speeds are often slow on my Virgin Media Hub 3.0 router.  I have M500 internet package so my upload speeds should be 52 Mbps, but at times they are dropping to 10 Mbps.  When uploading files to some websites, it takes ages to upload the files.

My download speeds are normal, it is just affecting my upload speeds.  I have a Windows 11 Pro computer connected to the router via an Ethernet wired cable.  My upload speeds used to be normal a few months ago, and nothing has changed on my router since then.

Another similar post online mentioned something about the upstream power levels with the QAM Modulation being too low.  Attached is a screenshot of the power levels on my router.  Any ideas?

Upstream power levels.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes your QAM should all be 64.  I would suspect a fault in the area?  Post all the other power levels and network log.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

eaglewolf
Tuning in

I have posted the downstream levels which seem ok.  There are a few errors in the network log over the past 2 days.

Downstream levels.jpgNetwork log.jpg

eaglewolf
Tuning in

I have been trying to run various tests on my Hub, and the problem still remains.  The qam modulation on the upstream power levels is still at 16 rather than 64.  I tried to phone VM but got nowhere with them as the person did not understand me, so had no choice but to send a complaint to them.

Client62
Legend

Have you tried the automated number 0800 561 0061 to see if this is a known fault affecting your street ?

eaglewolf
Tuning in

Yes and there are no issues in my area affecting internet.

Hey @eaglewolf,

Sorry to hear you are still having this issue, having looked into the systems it seems that you would benefit from having an engineer sent out, for me to be able to do this I will be sending you a private message to confirm some details.

Joe