cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest price for gigabit

leovince
Joining in

What is lowest price for gigabit people have managed to get from retentions?

Just so I have a target can aim for

2 REPLIES 2

carl_pearce
Community elder

@leovince wrote:

Broadband only Gig1 £62/month is the standard out of contract rate.

Omadawn
Up to speed

@leovince wrote:

Alas, it’s not that simple. VM, naturally know where you live, and equally they will be aware of what other providers are available to you, what speed they can offer and what the prices are.

So if you happen to be in a location with a choice of FTTP providers all offering gigabit symmetric connections, then VM will offer you a really good deal. Of course if VM are the only ‘fast’ broadband provider where you are, they will know it and offer you precisely nothing, because it that instance, they hold all the cards, and they know it, and what are you going to do about it!

So what you need to do is, well basically, do your homework first. What alternatives are available, how fast and how much? What are you, personally, be prepared to pay for what speed? It doesn’t matter what others are paying, VM are certainly within their rights to charge you £100 a month for a product and your next-door neighbour, 10p for exactly the same! They don’t have to provide you with anything, and similarly, you aren’t obliged to pay them and are free to look elsewhere.