Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Superhub 5 Guest Network Bug

Hello I installed my 3rd pod today and noticed a bug either with the superhub 5 or virgin connect app.Few weeks ago I received my virgin hub 5 and I noticed that the guest network was turned on I turn it off in the virgin connect app and it turns it ...

PIXX3L5 by On our wavelength
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Wifi pods

I ordered a second pod which hasn't arrived. Who can I contact about it as I'm going round in circles trying to speak to someone about it 

Resolved! Major broadband outages

From about early March 2023 my broadband has dropped out and reconnected frequently, and then on about 30 March we had a massive loss of Broadband and TV for at least 4 hours, then on 4th April we lost broadband and landline from abou 12:30 for what ...

Roseyhue by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on hub 3

Hi, I have a red light solid on my hub3 since last yesterday, but connection is ok no issues so far. WiFi is ok and lan is ok.  From white it turned to yellow,orange and now redReading other threads I am pretty sure I need a replacement as the Led ci...

ergo1999 by Tuning in
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any update on increased upload speeds?

I've seen a few reports here and quite a few reports on the Virgin Media reddit of increased upload speeds for 1gig customers. I even had an engineer telling me about local works for it, which are now completed. Has anyone heard anything about it? An...

TeddyTRK by Superfast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Atom self healing

Wifi cutting out momentarily. Returning this notice ‘NOTICE ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic as part of Self Healing Mechanism’  CPU issue? Can this be fixed? Customer service team no use. Called 3 times now and each time have suggested som...

M2macro by Joining in
  • 66 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 WiFi Calling

Hello,I have found that my Hub5 is not allowing WiFi calling for an iPhone 13 and iPhone 11 both on the most recent iOS release. We have tried resetting network settings on the iPhones but this hasn’t worked.We are in a dead spot for 4g with only ~ 1...