Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! Cannot access Hub5

192.168.0.1 gives me a sign in panel but it claims the password on the router base is incorrect.  I tried 192.168.100.1 but that gives site cannot be reached.  I've used the base reboot and even turned the thing off and on to no avail. The network lo...

LenG by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 Separate Accounts at 1 Address & Questions

Hello,I'm looking to have a second account, hub and package installed at the same address (2 separate packages and bills). I've been told this is possible but struggling on the customer service line to get it sorted out.I currently have a set up acco...

Red light on hub, but still getting wi-fi

I've had WiFi and internet access all day, but the hub shows a constant solid red light.Other users have had this issue and we're advised to try a pinhole reset for 30 second with Ethernet cables removed; https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networki...

Outtage in SS2 Area

Service status says everything is fine but its not, broadband has gone up the creek since 30 minutes ago and what a shocker YOUR STUPID PHONE LINE DONT WORK CAUSE THE INTERNET DONT WORK WAY TO GO VIRGIN MEDIA PUTTING ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET GREAT...

alphaomega16_0-1696519036669.png alphaomega16_0-1696520356986.png

Listed building and broadband boxes

Hi, can someone from Virgin let me know the process for installing Virgin Media Broadband on a listed building. When I spoke to someone on the Sales team I was told there was a separate process for listed buildings but wasn't able to tell me what it ...

ohbb by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is this a retention tactic or just incompetence?

I'm currently paying £58 per month for M250. I cancelled on 29 September as they would not budge much on deals. Currently the offer on my account sits at £52 for the same speed, which was there prior to the cancellation.I received a final bill which ...

No broadband for one week

No broadband or connected TV services. Estimated fix suggests will take one week to resolve. App suggests intermittent problem but I am experiencing a complete loss of service. Flashing yellow light on Hub. 08005610061 status line gives no further in...

1000008521.jpg

No Wi-Fi box sent

Hi, I have recently joined virgin and selected 2nd October for a delivery date for the Wi-Fi box. Nothing has arrived and I can’t get in touch through my virgin media as I haven’t been given an account number. This is pretty poor customer service - m...

BenUpton by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos