cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Separate Accounts at 1 Address & Questions

ParadiseC
Joining in

Hello,

I'm looking to have a second account, hub and package installed at the same address (2 separate packages and bills). I've been told this is possible but struggling on the customer service line to get it sorted out.

I currently have a set up account with virgin media broadband, the rest of the house would like their own package installed on a new account separate to mine. Is this possible and how would we go about setting it up?

Would splitting the line impact my internet speed or would we both have the full advertised speeds even when sharing from the same line?

Thank you so much for any and all help! 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @ParadiseC 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

Having two separate connections at one property is possible but this would mean two separate accounts and hence two separate bills and payments. Most people chose to share their broadband connection with all that live in the property however we know that this isn’t right for everyone so can allow two connections if that’s what’s required. Speeds for each account would not be impacted.

I am happy to help you achieve this, I will send you a private message to support with this.

thank you 

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

There will still be a single cable to the house, so a tech will split it for the two households. He should also check signal levels. Note that all cable broadband is shared, usually at the cabinet but occasionally at premises.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection