cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access Hub5

LenG
On our wavelength

192.168.0.1 gives me a sign in panel but it claims the password on the router base is incorrect.  I tried 192.168.100.1 but that gives site cannot be reached.  I've used the base reboot and even turned the thing off and on to no avail. 

The network log shows

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

after any reset.  I also note that the actual times in the Tine column are nonsensical, showing 14:09:31 at ~12:30

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are 2 passwords on the base - one is for the wifi and the other for the Hub settings - have you tried them both?

If so, do this...

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - its tricky - so do it this way.    With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

The two Passwords and SSID will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be or you want them to be

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

After a 60 second press of the RESET button the Hub 5 should revert to the Passwords from the bottom sticker.

Be quite sure to use the HUB Password - this differs from the Wi-Fi password.

After the HUB restarts it needs to get connected to the VM network before it can correct its date + time info.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are 2 passwords on the base - one is for the wifi and the other for the Hub settings - have you tried them both?

If so, do this...

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - its tricky - so do it this way.    With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

The two Passwords and SSID will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be or you want them to be

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

LenG
On our wavelength

Thanks.  Certainly one problem was that I was not using the reset button correctly.  After holding the pin down for a slow count of 100 with a ballpoint pen I was presented with a reset your settings page and proceeded to reset a;; the names and passwords.  It then went to "Applying your settings" which should apparently take about 5 mins.  However the progress spinner has been spinning for at least 30 minutes.  Attempting to logon just takes me to the reset your settings page again.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Switch it all off for 5 minutes and restart and try again.

If its the same... call it in as faulty.

--------------------
John
--------------------

LenG
On our wavelength

It seems to be working OK now using the default passwords.  I'll try your !switch it all off! tomorrow when I have a day in front of me to sort things out it if doesn't come back up 🙂

Thanks for the hints/help.