Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Moving home Virgin not available

I’m due to move house shortly and after checking the new postcode Virgin isn’t available at my new property, but I want to take it with me as I 1) work from home and need great reliable internet and 2) don’t want want to have to pay out of my contrac...

loll_83 by Just joined
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone else in area 20 having issues?

For the past 3 or 4 weeks. I have worked from home on various occasions to have completely no service or a very patchy one. I do various crypto mining activities including helium. And I noticed a lot of dropouts when I was not at home . Today, for ex...

Slow speed in DY3

Getting slow speeds not even 5mb download speed on a 250mb package. Have restarted hub and starts off well but after a minute slow speeds. Ever since I've moved to this area there is always problems with the service in the area every month. 

Hub 3 wont reset

Can anyone help please ?, my hub 3 won't reset no matter what. Even a remote reset hasn't resolved the issue !. Its showing the red/magenta light in router mode and as it stands I don't know if its overheating or not, is this a potential fire risk ?

deego by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Long term outage - can I cancel my contract?

Can anyone advise on my legal position regarding cancelling my contract. I am about six months into a long term fibre broadband contract and I have a total outage. Apparently there is a problem with the cables out in the street. I told Virgin my serv...

Lallyish by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

firmware update has broken hub 4

your firmware update this weekend has broken the hub 4. LAG connections no longer work preventing full network speed. Can you please.1) Revert the change. Give us back the old firmware.or2) Provide hub5 in order to obtain full network speed.Without e...

Timwilky by Fibre optic
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Wifi pod not connecting to new Hub 3

My Hub 3 has just been replaced by Virgin Media with a new unit. My wifi pod (white) does not connect with the new hub and I believe from this forum that it needs to be ‘provisioned’ for the new hub.How do I go about doing this please? 

Resolved! Need to move Virgin Hub 5

Seeking to construct a media wall where my fibre broadband enters the property. It appears that there is about 1 metre of coax extending from the wall to the hub, however the hub needs to move as the whole wall is being boxed in and tiled (apart from...