Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Broadband Keeps dropping

So been a vm customer for ages, have 3 x v6 box’s, connections via unmanaged switch mostly ethernetabout 6 months ago started to get tv picture break up and the broadband connection dropping out - not the Wi-Fi connection the whole broadband connecti...

biggm68_0-1692615356360.jpeg
biggm68 by Tuning in
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 shows all attached devices as being on wifi ?

Having a few issues and looking into the settings I've noticed that everything is listed as connected to wifi.Every device is listed as connected to either 2.4 or 5 wifi despite the majority of them being connected via ethernet.Any ideas would be app...

dholdi by Tuning in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Impossible to cancel the contract

I have been trying to cancel my Virgin plan for weeks. The phone line is however completely not operating as I have wasted hours on the line, so I decided to follow their own instructions and send a First Class Signed For letter instead. However, I s...

22034056 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repeat Outages in Maidenhead

Hi Virgin,Continous outages in our area with the broadband at the minute, had about 4 this week, downtime varies from 20 minutes to a few hours and we’ve only had the service since June. It’s happened frequently particularly recently and is unaccepta...

OllyWz by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Repeated connectivity issues with VM broadband

I’ve been having regular connectivity issues with VM fibre broadband for over a month. Almost every other day there are drop outs lasting 15 minutes and sometimes hours. I first reported an issue via the website status checker around the 10th July. H...

Impossible to order WiFi Pods

Why is it so hard to order a free WiFi Pod which I am entitled with my package?  I have run speed tests in the Connect App showing in one room a speed of 10MB.  But no option to order a Pod in the Connect App.  I have logged in to my account on the w...

Joe17 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upload speed

I play online games every weekend,and the upload speed is keeping slow or 0 mbI already is 1gb fibre  package a month and your promotion said that will not affect the download and upload speed!

Jay0817 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

whats wrong with the signal?

what's wrong with the wifi signal?I pay £45 a month for the 1gb,now the wifi is just 119mb download and o mb upload?and also the hubs speed 0 mb upload!what's the problem

Jay0817 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Frequent disconnection

Hello,I recently got connected with Virgin Media broadband. Since the beginning, my router has frequently been disconnected from the virgin server and restarted very frequently causing loss of internet for at least 15 minutes per episode. This has be...

zahidrmc by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos