cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Disconnections

bethcat
Joining in

Hi, my service has been mostly decent since signing up, but been having some intermittent disconnections. 

is anyone able to look at our logs for a pattern or run a test to see if there are any problems on the line that flare up please? 

17 REPLIES 17

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bethcat 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having intermittent disconnections. I have checked the systems at this side and cannot see any issues with your hub specifications or any area concerns that might be causing this. 

Do you have issues with your wired devices or is it just over the WiFi that you notice disconnecting from the network? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

So sorry I didn’t come back to this. It happened again last night. (It was at some point from around 8.45 to 9 or so last night) It’s all devices - because the router loses connection from whatever it connects to out there. 

bethcat
Joining in

IMG_3806.png

IMG_3806.png

IMG_3807.png

IMG_3808.png

IMG_3809.png

  

IMG_3810.png

Thank you for that. To confirm, are the disconnects happening at the same time each day or different?

^Martin

I’d say different, though maybe leaning more towards evenings, but can be any time. Sometimes I don’t notice it for a week or 2. Then it’ll go down a few times in a week. 

Thanks for confirming this @bethcat,

When this happens, does anything show on our service checker here as an outage?

Joe

No. Though most of the outages are short enough (5 mins maybe 10 at a push) that by the time I’ve wrestled with bad mobile internet and made it there it’s often back. But even when it isn’t it still shows as no problems.