cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet -for the last few days

StuartShoebury
Joining in

Hi , I've checked all connections,  I even installed a new hub tonight but I'm still getting intermittent loss of Internet including over the ethernet connection.

I think I need an engineer:(

3 REPLIES 3

sabira
Joining in

I've been experiencing the same since the beginning of march. I had my hub 3 installed January 15 maybe, it was working fine but since the beginning of march, especially when im gaming, ive been experiencing terrible ping. im getting sick and tired because I keep getting told to reset the hub or reboot, ive done that countless times, nothing has changed. I get told that they dont see anything wrong with my connection from their end, when i run a service status check it says there are intermittent issues. Its the same with when i use ethernet or not. Ive had two engineers come, the issues has not been resolved, they have no idea whats causing it but its unbearable. I work from home and I also stream while gaming, I cant stream anymore because of how bad my ping gets with the constant spikes and i work here and there because the internet is so unreliable. I dont understand how they dont know what the issue is. Its so annoying because I have contacted virgin maybe 10 times since march and they all keep saying the same thing. I dont know what to do, they dont have a solution, im paying £42 for terrible unreliable wifi. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

see this...

____

Check first for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi StuartShoebury

Thank you for your post, welcome back to the Community Forums!

Sorry for our delayed response and to hear you've been having issues with your connection. We can see that you have been able to chat with the Faults Team and arrange a visit. Do let us know how you get on and if you require any further help from here😊

Beth