Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Intermittent Signal Issue

This is very frustrating. I have an "Intermittent Signal Issue" when I check the status of my network. This has been going on for about a month now. Getting in contact with VM support is a nightmare. I've rebooted the device using the power switch an...

atooin by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittent Broadband for over 6 months

Hello,I have been experincing intermittent internet for the past 6+ months. The internet goes down multiple times within the hour every day. I've had multiple Virgin Media technician appointments and they've told me that the issue is an area issue th...

HasanAli by Joining in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two wifi networks and 'drop-outs'.

Good afternoon,I have two wifi networks. One runs devices such as the TV and sonos wifi. The other network has only the devolo networking system on it. This consists of three connecting 'plugs': one behind the TV on the groundfloor; one behind the de...

AB1918 by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband issue

My WiFi is still on the blink even after receiving a text from VM saying that it’s now been sorted. 

Geefresh by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Ordering a WiFi pod

How do I go about ordering a pod. I have flaky signal in one of my rooms and believe I should be able to get a mesh pod, however can't seem to order one through the web.I see you're supposed to be able to order through the VM Connect app, but that ba...

rovman by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Solid orange light on white hub

I've had no wifi now for two days, and a solid orange light on my relatively old white Hub.I've restarted it, called the support line (it will be fixed in two hours - it wasn't), left it off for 30 minutes. No wifi.I have ethernet, but that is no use...

Resolved! Engineer Destroyed My Connection

I could go on about the terrible service I have had since May, but will get straight to the latest fiasco.Saw a Virgin engineer outside our block of flats looking at our connection box (which is in a terrible state, more on that later) on Tuesday mor...

56ddf36151cd0baf8a2594d35aa72664444e87c0-28-08-2023~2.png 56ddf36151cd0baf8a2594d35aa72664444e87c0-29-08-2023~2.png 56ddf36151cd0baf8a2594d35aa72664444e87c0-30-08-2023~2.png 56ddf36151cd0baf8a2594d35aa72664444e87c0-31-08-2023~2.png
SRR500 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

red light on virgin media hub

Hi, I’m having similar problems (and struggles getting through on the phone) so thought I’d try here. Have checked all the connections and tried rebooting the hub, and gone through the things that were suggested here, but the solid red light has stay...

ahter12 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New self installation kit not being fully setup

Hi, i got self installation kit with hub 3. I followed all instructions and I can see green wifi icon and green light blinking. It’s been 4 hours but still green light is blinking but it says that it should be setup in 30 minutes to 2 hours and light...