cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband and Telephone connection keeps dropping

Waseemmm89
Tuning in

Hi,

For the past few weeks I have been having Internet and telephone issues. The connection just drops and ok my phone it says connected without Internet. I have done reset pin hole and reboot. Even factory reset nothing seems to helps. Since yesterday it's gotten worse. Before it was dropping but not as much. Yesterday night it was constant it would start working for like 5 mins then would drop again.

I have spoken to VM cust service a few times and gone through steps to rectify it but they kept saying we have sent a 'signal' that should help, but it hasn't. They've been pretty useless, they were going to charge me for engineer visit so I said no and phone a day or so later and they booked engineer without any money so I don't get it they waste so much time chatting crappie, I guess I did phone after 6pm so I was probably though to a call centre out of the country.🙄

I've even had an engender come out and he said it was fine it much be something else causing it and he would take a look but still I am having this issue. There are no issues on the area.

When my Internet goes down so does my telephone line. I can't do without a line as I have phone calls constantly coming some of which are appointments for my elderly parents.

I have added screenshots below. And guess what its disconnected while i was typing this 😡

1000018919.png

1000018918.png

  

1000018917.jpg

1000018920.jpg

1000018924.jpg

1000018923.jpg

1000018922.jpg

1000018921.jpg

  

41 REPLIES 41

Hi @Waseemmm89 

What did the engineer advise?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi.

Not much he just changed something in the little box thr cable connects. I still had the issue it seems to have resolved.

I messaged on what's app and was told it was to do with line migration and it would be sorted that fay by 4pm that day but it wasn't. I phoned the next day and spoke to am advisor who said they are aware of issue it will be resolved in 24 hours.

So everyone was saying they any see any issues with my broadband and when I spoke to someone on Friday he said we kniw there is a problem 🤔

Hopefully it will stay working now, on WhatsApp the advisor did say I would get compensation so will see.

Thanks for following up

Waseem

Hi @Waseemmm89, no problem at all. 

We're glad to hear the issue seems to have been resolved 😀

Please let us know if any problems reoccur. Information on our Automatic Compensation Scheme can be found here.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi, thank you Daniel.

I will see what credit I get back, based on the link you sent. I doubt I will get anything although the advisor on whatsapp said I would. I haven't got anything yet.

My services were intermittent for over 3 weeks, some days it worked fine other days I would get a lot of problems which affected the landline. So it wasn't a total blackout. 🤔

Thanks
Waseem

1000019710.jpg

Had 2 disconnections so far 😑

Thanks for the update @Waseemmm89.

I've looked into the local area for any issues and nothing is currently being flagged.

How have the services performed since the BQM graph posted?

Do you have anymore to share with us?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi, I get at least 1 if not more disconnections everyday other than Wednesday this week. Its never been an issue before so still something isn't right. 

Tuesday

Waseemmm89_1-1702030442897.png

Wednesday

Waseemmm89_2-1702030470699.png

Thursday

Waseemmm89_3-1702030488386.png

Today

Waseemmm89_4-1702030502143.png

Today - Saturday

1000020170.png

🙄

Thanks for coming back to us @Waseemmm89, and I'm sorry to hear of the continuation of this issue.

I've looked into the local area and don't see any local area issues that would be detrimental to the services.

When running a flow on the router, no issues are being flagged.

Can you please confirm if and when you last performed a pin hole reset on the hub, to see if this resolves the issue for you?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi. It's been working okay since Sunday.