cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 ok but no connection

GW1642
Joining in

Hello,

I currently have no internet access. It's the Hub 5 that I have and according to the light status I should have working broadband.

I checked cables/splitters, FTTP box outside home (picture attached) and powered everything on/off. All seems ok from what I can see and router will go back to the correct status but still no connection.

Area checker shows there is no issues in my area but, when I went through the troubleshooting section where it ask you to check all that I have stated above, it states that there is an intermittent fault in the area.

Which is right and which is wrong? As the area status still says there is nothing wrong in the area. Troubleshooting page said I should check back in 24 hours if the fault hasn't been rectified.

Any help much appreciated, again I have attached pictures of Hub 5 and FTTP box.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

1000006019.jpg

1000006020.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the reply.

Service status number has told me there is no issues in my area.

carl_pearce
Community elder

If you access the HUB on 192.168.0.1, log in, and the check the 'Your Hub 5 status' section what does it show?

Sorry to hear there is an area issues GW1642, 

The network team will be working on this as fast as they can do to get this fixed. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?