cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Broadband and Telephone connection keeps dropping

Waseemmm89
Tuning in

Hi,

For the past few weeks I have been having Internet and telephone issues. The connection just drops and ok my phone it says connected without Internet. I have done reset pin hole and reboot. Even factory reset nothing seems to helps. Since yesterday it's gotten worse. Before it was dropping but not as much. Yesterday night it was constant it would start working for like 5 mins then would drop again.

I have spoken to VM cust service a few times and gone through steps to rectify it but they kept saying we have sent a 'signal' that should help, but it hasn't. They've been pretty useless, they were going to charge me for engineer visit so I said no and phone a day or so later and they booked engineer without any money so I don't get it they waste so much time chatting crappie, I guess I did phone after 6pm so I was probably though to a call centre out of the country.πŸ™„

I've even had an engender come out and he said it was fine it much be something else causing it and he would take a look but still I am having this issue. There are no issues on the area.

When my Internet goes down so does my telephone line. I can't do without a line as I have phone calls constantly coming some of which are appointments for my elderly parents.

I have added screenshots below. And guess what its disconnected while i was typing this 😑

1000018919.png

1000018918.png

  

1000018917.jpg

 

1000018920.jpg

 

1000018924.jpg

1000018923.jpg

 

1000018922.jpg

 

1000018921.jpg

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Waseemmm89, no problem at all. 

We're glad to hear the issue seems to have been resolved πŸ˜€

Please let us know if any problems reoccur. Information on our Automatic Compensation Scheme can be found here.

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

41 REPLIES 41

Waseemmm89
Tuning in

I'm  new here, can I edit this post πŸ˜‚

Engender = Engeneer

Much = must

Engender = engineer πŸ˜”

Waseemmm89
Tuning in

1000018918.png

1000018919.png

  

Hi Waseemmm89, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums. ⭐

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your broadband connection and as a result, your telephone line is having issues too. 

Taking a look at things this end, the signal and power levels are all optimal, the uptime looks good and there are no faults being detected in your area. I can see there have been several disconnections on the hub though so I would like to book another engineer to come and take a closer look at things. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little βœ‰ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F ✨
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank You Kath. Just messaged you back

Hi Waseemmm89, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 🀩

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here πŸ‘‰ My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• ➑ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • ➑ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • ➑ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
  • ➑ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a Β£25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a Β£25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Let us know how the appointment goes. πŸ˜Š

Take care.

Kath_F ✨
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank You, strange my connection is showing like this:

Waseemmm89_0-1701258802950.png

But VM service check is saying there are no issues πŸ€”

Hi Kath,

The engineer came today, I am still having same issues.. Internet and telephone still keeps disconnecting. It doesn't stay disconnected for a long time like before but I am still experiencing issues. See images below. Its getting on my nerves its been like 2 weeks like this on and off some days better than others. 

Waseemmm89_0-1701376133807.png

Above is today's snapshot

1000019364.jpg

 

1000019365.jpg