Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! WiFi Pods

Hi, I got the WiFi pods about 6 weeks ago from Virgin media and there where working great, getting a much better signal upstairs in the house, but about 2 weeks ago now the pods started flashing white and blue lights on them, so I called virgin up an...

My Media Hub 3, Red Light

My Hub 3 has a constant red light which will not go away.Tried switching it off and on again, but the red light comes on immediately before it even boots up.Ethernet and Wi Fi working fine, top feels warm but not hot. Worried though as it isn't right...

mwyatt by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 not connected to internet

I just tried to upgrade my hub 4, which was working perfectly, to hub 5. While I can get the hub 5 to connect, and can see and connect to the wifi with my phone, there is no internet connection. There is even no internet on the ethernet cable connect...

IMG_1459.PNG
daykinlc by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 wifi issues

Since upgrading from Hub 3 to Hub 5, WiFi on some devices is worse. Ethernet is fine. But a Galaxy tablet is sluggish in moving between Web pages or eg viewing video on Facebook. VM support don't seem to have much idea. I have TP link repeater upstai...

Some websites not working through Virgin

Hi.I have issue with access to some websites through Virgin broadband.E.g. From my O2 mobile phone these websites working good, but when I switch to Virgin WiFi then these websites can't load.I've tried restart router, reinstall apps, clear cache etc...

zmysl84 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Split second drop outs repeatedly throughout the day [HELP]

I recently upgraded to giga byte wifi with Virgin Media and I'm currently really disappointed with the service.I keep receiving split second dropouts throughout the day and night where I will lose connection for anywhere from a few seconds to a minut...

MJS1991_0-1689587649939.png MJS1991_1-1689587747791.png
MJS1991 by On our wavelength
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos