Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Deceased’s email/account taken by widow, but how reset password?

Hireally hoping from virgin can help with this because the call centre can’t.Father was account holder and had 1 ntlworld email address. Passed away, got account transferred to spouse.  Spouse was asked to set up new email (virgin media) address to a...

Kl554433 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! no email access

hion wednesday morning my @virginmedia.com mailbox stopped working. i use outlook to receive/send emails but it keeps saying  "Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for ------@virginmedia.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchroni...

gareth170 by Up to speed
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

email on web browser saying forbidden

Hi yaI am trying to log in to my email via the web browser and its says forbidden but I can still get the emails onmy phone, any help would be appreciated plsthanksIan

Email locked

My email is showing locked. It was working fine until mid afternoon and then suddenly locked.I followed the instructions and changed my email to a non virgin media / ntlworld email and it worked for 30mins and now showing locked again.I need access t...

Email Access issues

Hello, is there anyone on here who works for VM, who is tech minded and is willing to help with my email access problems. I have been without emails now for over a week, have spent 9 hours trying to solve this.I have called, tried web chat, written t...

Chris789 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email re downloading after deletion.

I am using windows live mail to access my emails but since yesterday everytime I log on and check for new emails it starts to download thousands of them which I have already deleted. Is there any way I can stop this happening as its filling my inbox ...

proud1 by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Stupid security message

Once again I’ve received an email from VM security to say mt account has been locked due to suspicious activity i get this regularly and am sick to death of it There is nothing suspicious on my email and i cannot access it in the browser Soon no emai...

liz30538 by Superfast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Confused About App Password

Okay, so I have quite a few email acccounts, and I got notice this morning someone had logged into facebook with said email - odd as it is a burner account with a password that's unique, highly random and long.  So that leaves them just attempting, b...

New Web Server Blacklisted

We have a brand new web server with a brand new IP address, the SPF and DKIM both pass when mail is sent to a Google account.  The PTR record also appears to be valid.Mail to an @ntlworld.com has been blocked due to the IP being blacklisted - it does...

dlwhite4 by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos