cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelating

Catmum
On our wavelength

Hi my Virgin tv from all 3 boxes (2×V6 & 1× Tivo) are all pixelating horribly to the point that it's unwatchable. The connection signal is starting at 1050 but then dropping to 58!!! We have an engineer coming out but is there anything I can do in the mean time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

An engineer will have been booked because there is no recognised area fault, and if all 3 of your boxes are affected, an internal fault is unlikely and it's probably external.

Tech visits are booked because a fault needs "boots on the ground" - anything that can be fixed remotely, usually is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

An engineer will have been booked because there is no recognised area fault, and if all 3 of your boxes are affected, an internal fault is unlikely and it's probably external.

Tech visits are booked because a fault needs "boots on the ground" - anything that can be fixed remotely, usually is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Catmum
On our wavelength

Hi thanks for replying Oh My it's called soda law all 3 boxes are working ok at the mo after an evening and morning of green & yellow screens on all TVs the fault seems to have corrected itself!!! But I'm not cancelling the engineer on Friday just yet I'm not convinced that it won't come back later 🤔.

Hi @Catmum, thank you for your posts.

How did the engineer visit go today? Is the problem now resolved?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Catmum
On our wavelength

Hi a lovely fella called Chris came and had a look even though it had resolved it's self just to check the signal strength and all was fine. He said all Virgin customers had the fault on Tuesday evening through to Wednesday morning so I asked why when I phoned up they said everything was working fine their end he said he didn't know. I would've said not to bother with the engineer if the issue was resolved! All is ok now and I got a good deal over the phone with a £1 rise on the bill for the next 18 months & movies, Sky sports, antivirus on emails and engineer call out promptly when there's a problem so a good result 😃.

Hi @Catmum, thank you for your response. That's great to hear.

It's difficult to explain why the general fault wasn't picked up on, but we're glad your issue has been resolved.

Regards,
Daniel