cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360

Nilot
On our wavelength

Does anyone know when the 360 box is going to be replaced with a new version or simply an app? Or at least updated to include more features?

First of all, let me say I am I am thoroughly familiar with all the features of the 360 so don’t need a tutorial!
I have now had 360 for nearly three years. I was much happier with all the features on the V6. Although the 360 records well etc, the radio section is pretty limited, the idea of having to talk to it all the time or alternatively go through multiple pushes to get back to where you were when playing recordings is frankly inconvenient (especially when you don’t feel like talking!) rather than just pushing a button once. The mic remote often misunderstands commands even when enunciating clearly and quickly. Deleted recordings cannot be restored.

Also you can’t directly set recordings from an alternative device when away from TVGO as you could with TV Control. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nilot wrote:

Does anyone know when the 360 box is going to be replaced with a new version or simply an app? Or at least updated to include more features?

First of all, let me say I am I am thoroughly familiar with all the features of the 360 so don’t need a tutorial!
I have now had 360 for nearly three years. I was much happier with all the features on the V6. Although the 360 records well etc, the radio section is pretty limited, the idea of having to talk to it all the time or alternatively go through multiple pushes to get back to where you were when playing recordings is frankly inconvenient (especially when you don’t feel like talking!) rather than just pushing a button once. The mic remote often misunderstands commands even when enunciating clearly and quickly. Deleted recordings cannot be restored.

Also you can’t directly set recordings from an alternative device when away from TVGO as you could with TV Control. 

The V6 firmware is TiVO property used under licence. Virgin is now owned by Liberty Global, who have their own TV platform (Horizon) that drives V360 & Stream. Horizon may get new features, but not any that are TiVO patented.

Future developments: V360 is a broadcast box that is designed to work on traditional cable networks. Virgin are wholesale moving to fibre XGS-PON over the next few years, on which only the Stream box will work (V360 can work on it but the hard disk becomes redundant). So any developments will come from the Stream side in future.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just out of interest, are there any specific features you're querying, that are currently lacking on TV360?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

roy247
Superstar

@Nilot wrote:

I've never had a problem setting recordings using the TV GO app when I been on holiday outside of the UK, 360 is set to active start.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The 360 isn't going anywhere but it's under development by Liberty Global (which is why you will keep getting releases).

As for voice control: it's the single best feature over the V6.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

It's about the only feature over the V6! (Though still seems like a gimmick to me and is unusable if you want to use a universal remote)

Stephen_Bubbles
Dialled in

They should rebrand it Virgin [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nilot,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear you don't like the features of the 360 box. 

Can you confirm which features you would like on the 360 box?

^Martin

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nilot wrote:

The V6 firmware is TiVO property used under licence. Virgin is now owned by Liberty Global, who have their own TV platform (Horizon) that drives V360 & Stream. Horizon may get new features, but not any that are TiVO patented.

Future developments: V360 is a broadcast box that is designed to work on traditional cable networks. Virgin are wholesale moving to fibre XGS-PON over the next few years, on which only the Stream box will work (V360 can work on it but the hard disk becomes redundant). So any developments will come from the Stream side in future.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Nilot
On our wavelength

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply . 
I feel important features for 360 should:

A My Shows/Recordings button on remote to allow immediate switching between shows and live tv. Whilst the mic feature is usable, it often misunderstands commands and wastes further time and irritation when you have to repeat the command trying to switch between shows and live tv in a hurry. Otherwise it is 6 presses via the Home button to switch between shows and live tv. Also an inset mini picture of the live programme in My Shows as in V6 would be very useful.

It really would be useful to be able to restore deleted programmes. Particularly when deleting individual episodes in recorded series, if you are doing it in a hurry, you have to be careful to move back off delete otherwise other episodes in the series quickly get deleted as well.

When My Shows button is pressed, live tv mini picture should be able to be seen as in V6.

Thanks for getting in touch. Do hope these items may be considered.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

My voice control works perfectly well. Get someone else to try the remote.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection