cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of moving from Sky

clearbluesky
Joining in

Hi,

I have been a long term Sky Q user on a basic package but now Virgin can connect us to full fibre, Sky cannot. In addition Sky Q has got so expensive and our budget is around £50pmThe package that seems to suit us is the 250 Mega TV package but what is not clear is can the various channels, esp live TV such as BBC2, be recorded? I can find no mention of this or how much disk space is available.

Most grateful of your advice. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

IoanaNeacsu
Up to speed

Hi, yes you can record any live tv, including BBC 2. I’m not sure how big is the space available but it’s plenty, I’ve never got to use all of it and I’m recording many shows through the week.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

IoanaNeacsu
Up to speed

Hi, yes you can record any live tv, including BBC 2. I’m not sure how big is the space available but it’s plenty, I’ve never got to use all of it and I’m recording many shows through the week.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin's TV360 boxes include hard drives for the purposes of recording any channel within your package. The Stream boxes don't.

TV360 master boxes have a 1Tb hard drive, multiroom mini-boxes slave off the master.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @clearbluesky 

Yes you can record channels on the TV360 box.

Info below from the https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/virgin-tv-360 page.

You can record six shows while watching a seventh on the 360 box. That’s twice as many as the old V6 boxes. With a whopping 1TB of storage space, you’ll have room for up to 500 hours of shows in standard definition or 100 hours in HD.

There's a quick user guide on < this page > 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

V360 has the ability to record 6 channels simultaneously. There is 1TB of storage on the disk(equivalent to Sky Q). Be aware that Sky Atlantic is not available on VM, along with a few others. However, VM still has channels like Eden that have been removed from Sky.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nodrogd wrote:

Be aware that Sky Atlantic is not available on VM

Although a valid point, many of the flagship Sky Atlantic shows have started to be simulcast on Sky Showcase recently - which VM do carry.

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

You might want to try haggling with Sky now that you have a specific VM package to point to. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

£50pm is an unrealistic budget for broadband and Pay TV, and VM imposes every April a price rise of RPI plus 3.9 percentage points (it totals 8.8% next month). You will get an initial low price as a new customer but will pay much more after 18 months.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Like all of these companies.  Just start a cancellation before 18 months are up for the best deal