cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another O2 question - overcharged by virgin?

tsgt
On our wavelength

Hi,

Oomph package member here, paying £111 per month for tv, mobile, and broadband.

I paid my August bill for £111 on August 30th. 

Today (06/09/23) I got a text saying my bill for O2 (£24.98) is late and I need to pay in 4 days or I will be charged an extra £6, and presumably if I don't pay after a while the bill will go up or I will be cut off.

I am confused, I was told multiple times my bill would remain the same. So what exactly is going on.

Is it just that O2 take the money up front? So this £24.98 is for September? But I have been using O2 since the switch over so not sure this is likely.

In which case if it is for the month of August then why have Virgin charged the same amount (£111) rather than (£111-24.98) to offset the £24.98 I now supposedly owe to O2 to keep my bill the same, at £111 per month.

Have I been overcharged by Virgin?

Do I need to pay this £24.98 and then at the end of the month my virgin bill will be £111-24.98 = £86.02?

And does that mean I manually need to pay this £24.98 each month going forward as opposed to the direct debit at £111 virgin just take automatically.

This is causing me a lot of stress today, can I get some help please?

Thank you!!! 

EDIT:

I just checked my bill that I paid on 30th of August. It says.

Your package (30th August-29th September)

£111.00

Ultimate Oomph bundle£111.00

This includes

•  1 Additional TV Box

•  Talk More Anytime

•  Virgin TV V6 Box, Powered By TiVo

•  Wifi Booster Starter Kit

•  Wifi Booster Credit

•  Maxit TV

•  Oomph Unlimited Data SIM

•  Gig1 Fibre Broadband

•  Voicemail Free

•  Telephone Line Rental

•  Sky Sports HD Pack

•  Sky Sports and Cinema Collection

•  Kids Pick

So it seems my bill for September includes my oomph SIM, so I have already paid the bill, then why are O2 saying I haven't paid it.

Absolute joke.

9 REPLIES 9

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tsgt,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the billing recently. 

I will send you a private message now so I can help further.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

I am currently having exactly the same issue re Virgin/02 switchover and charges, etc, are you able to advise please to find a solution?

Hi Desperado,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear there is some confusion around your current package and your Sim going over to O2, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please look out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

What was the response to this? I currently have the same issue but am basically getting no help other than asking me to speak to O2.

Hi @Scage thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

We can see that you are discussing this with Arissa via PM so please await her latest response and we will aim to resolve this for you ASAP.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I've been going round in circles with Virgin and O2 since 7pm yesterday and it seems the additional charge is because O2 charges a month in advance for their services. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, Gemmie91.
Thanks for taking the time to join our forums and for your first post here. 
A warm welcome to the VM community, nice to have you on board. 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your O2 bill charges received, we'd like to confirm that all SIM plan deals are payable in advance/ahead of the service period they cover you for.
This also happens with cable services too, to be fair - your bills are always for the monthly period ahead if you notice the dates (billing periods).

If you've received and used your O2 SIM already, you may have had a bill to cover you for both what's been used and what will be for the next 30 days if that makes sense.

Please, do let us know if our explanation helps with this or if you need further support regarding your bills and payments - happy to best advise and help out with anything more you need.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Twink3
Joining in

Madness ! 
I had a bundle with Virgin which included a SIM card .. which I NEVER USED , it was just included within the bundle . now I’m receiving letters from O2 saying I owe them £24 +£6 today . I originally disregarded these letters as I have never been with 02 in my life - so I’m thinking it’s a scam , but of no my SIM card account which was in my Hindus has been moved to them . Without me knowing & that I have to pay them money for a SIM I HAVE USED !!! If Virginmedia had checked my bills you would have seen this SIM card never had  a debit on it it was never used .. so why move it to o2 !!  - I really not happy with this situation - & going back & forth today with both companies - I’m not willing to pay these funds as I do not see why I have too - I never asked to be moved - I have never used this bloody SIM card !!!!  NOT HAPPY !! 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Twink3.
Thanks for this post and for reaching out to us, also glad to have you on board at the VM community.

We're sorry to hear of the O2 charges you had due to a SIM you were not using and how you feel about us, we're eager to see how we can help out.

With regards to our migration to O2 services and network you may have a read here where we advise more, we do send communications via SMS to inform mobile customers about this change however it seems you've not been receiving those since your SIM is not in use as you said above.

I will pop you a PM here so I can raise your above concerns and advise more, as I can see you're expressing such dissatisfaction about this matter as well.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs