cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Fibre Phone adaptor

gsh9320
Joining in

Hi

I have received my fibre phone adaptor and it was broken. A couple of questions; How do I order another one? It is about 1m short, do you provide longer cables? and finally, if neither of the first two options are available, how do I request a VM engineer to move the phone socket nearer the hub?

Thank you

P.S. i think I've just posted the same question somewhere else 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you have only been switched over recently, VM should make any wiring changes (inc. moving a phone socket) free of charge as part of the switchover.

If you need to make the changes yourself, the adapters can be bought online for a few pounds. Search for

RJ11 plug to BT socket adapter

You can use the adapter in conjunction with a standard telephone extension cable from a local DIY shop for the cable length you need.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, sh9320.
Thank you for joining our help forums and for your first posts here, a warm welcome to the VM community. 🙂

We're sorry to hear your adaptor for the fibre line we've sent is broken, we'd be eager to assist with ordering a new one for you so you can get your line up and running.
Unfortunately, those come in one size and we wouldn't be able to send one with a longer cable in this case however we can check if you're still within the migration period where we can relocate your hub or landline free of cost.
If not, we can still arrange this equipment relocation for you however it normally comes with a £25 tech visit charge as it's a non-faults visit.

Let us know if you wish to go ahead with an equipment relocation and we can check this for you, if you prefer to get a new adaptor we can also help with this of course.
Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you have only been switched over recently, VM should make any wiring changes (inc. moving a phone socket) free of charge as part of the switchover.

If you need to make the changes yourself, the adapters can be bought online for a few pounds. Search for

RJ11 plug to BT socket adapter

You can use the adapter in conjunction with a standard telephone extension cable from a local DIY shop for the cable length you need.

Thank you goslow

I ended up buying one for £3.50