cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been switched to 02 mobile from Virgin and told I need to set up a direct debit for 02. is this correct?

Bobby55
Joining in

Been switched to 02 from Virgin mobile and told I need to set up a direct debit with 02. Is this correct?

5 REPLIES 5

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bobby55, thank you for your query. 

You shouldn't normally need to do anything with your Direct Debit, as per what's stated in this article here under the heading of "Do I need to do anything?".

If, however, O2 have advised that it needs to be set up, we'd advise you to do so. 

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to pop back to us.

Regards,
Daniel

Bobby55
Joining in

I have received two emails and a letter from 02 telling me that the mobile bill has not been paid on time and I need to pay it ASAP, otherwise I will be charged for late payment. Virgin Media said I would not need to do anything.

Hi @Bobby55, thank you for your response. 

We're really sorry to hear this and apologies the Direct Debit hasn't been carried over.

We'd suggest contacting O2 to discuss this matter further. Their details can be found here

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Daniel

Bobby55
Joining in

To save any further aggravation I have paid the mobile bill separately. I trust the direct debit will be carried over eventually.

Thank you for coming back to let us know Bobby55! 

Sincerest apologies that this has happened.
If you need any more information about the migration process you can find it here 👉 Virgin Mobile’s Move to the O2 Network | Virgin Mobile (virginmedia.com) and here 👉 Virgin Mobile to O2 | Help & Support | O2

If you have been advised that you need to contact O2 to set up a new Direct Debit, this may well still be the case. We would recommend getting in touch with O2 via one of their direct contact services listed here 👉 Contact Us | Help, Support and Useful Numbers | O2

Hope there are no more issues! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly