cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it that subtitles don’t work

GL22
On our wavelength

Why aren’t subtitles not coming on some plus 1hr channels and crime and investigation channels or reality plus 1hr but in programme guide it says S for subtitles thanks GL 22 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey GL22,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with subtitles on certain content, is this with all the programs on the channels that you mentioned or certain ones?

Are you watching the programs live or via recording or on-demand? This can affect the use of subtitles as the content providers can restrict the use of subtitles or not provide them for certain programs or content.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey GL22,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with subtitles on certain content, is this with all the programs on the channels that you mentioned or certain ones?

Are you watching the programs live or via recording or on-demand? This can affect the use of subtitles as the content providers can restrict the use of subtitles or not provide them for certain programs or content.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you press the "info" button during these programmes, and scroll to the second tab, do subtitles show as available?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

GL22
On our wavelength

Hi thanks for your replies it’s mainly reality plus 1 hr and some others on plus 1hr  but I will check what is suggested by repliers thank you .

Hi GL22, 

Thanks for coming back to us here in the Community. 

We will always provide subtitles on all programmes that they are made available by the channel provider. 

You can view more on accessibility and what we offer here

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

GL22
On our wavelength

Hi thank you for your reply it’s usually live tv mainly reality +1 hr  they are on reality normal times it is not a big deal it’s just my hubby is a litttle deaf. Thank again 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GL22 

If you press the "info" button during these programmes, and scroll to the second tab, do subtitles show as available?

If this does, and they're not working - IMO that's a service fault which VM should rectify.

If this shows "not available", then that's an issue of availability from the broadcaster.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

GL22
On our wavelength

Thank you I was just made aware that I can do that to see they are available so that will be useful for future knowledge. Thank you for your help. GL22