cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

c4 and itvx dont work

dreds
Just joined

c4 shows adverts then 4200-drm-failed message, can see other people have raised similar posts...itvx same, shows adverts then bombs out...what's the problem virgin, when will it be fixed, don't want some BS excuse about powering off and changing hdmi...if the hdmi cable is faulty why does it play the adverts first ?

Been over a week now, when will this be fixed ? 

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @dreds 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you are facing this issue with Channel 4 and ITVX. Can I ask if this is happening on recordings from the channels or when you use the streaming service?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't know the specific issue here, but it's only fair to point out that branded streaming apps are not provided by VM and the broadcaster in question is responsible for the operation & content on them.

Virgin Media merely provide access to them in the same way as the Android or Apple ecosystem provides access to developers apps. In the same way, would you blame Samsung or Apple for faults on, say, the BBC's app?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks