cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin tv go pin reset still not working

bingbongjo
Tuning in

cannot watch anything with parental controls

i have reset pin to default  on Virgin TV Go still wont accept it. any ideas, keeps going to pin temporarily locked? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi bingbongjo 

For confirmation which default pin are trying to use on the TVGo app?

The default pin on all VM TV boxes is 1234. The default pin on the TVGO app is 0000

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi bingbongjo 

For confirmation which default pin are trying to use on the TVGo app?

The default pin on all VM TV boxes is 1234. The default pin on the TVGO app is 0000

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello bingobongjo

Thanks for taking the time to raise your TV Go pin query via the forums, we appreciate you taking the time and welcome to the forums.

Have you been able to try both of the PIN's provided by newapollo? If so, did this resolve the issue for you?

Let us know.

Rob

thank you so much, message said defaulted to 1234. 0000 works!  

yes thank you 

Hey @bingbongjo,

Great to hear you have been able to to figure this out, if you do have anything further that we can help with at all please do let us know.

Joe

Hi All, 

Just to clarify some information around the default PIN settings; The default PIN can be either 1234 or 0000, this is for both the Set top box and TV Go app. If you have a Stream or 360 box the PIN for TV Go will be the same as your set top box. If you change the PIN number on either they will align; for example if you change the PIN number on your set top box, the PIN number for TV Go will also change. 

Please note that is only for customer's with a 360 or Stream set top box. If you have a TiVo box and change the PIN number they will NOT automatically align. 

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

freshflyingfish
Joining in

This is so dumb! If it's a known fault why don't they update the information! 

Hey @freshflyingfish Thanks for reaching out to us on the VM forums. 👋🏼

This is not a fault, it is the adjustment of the TV pin which is defaulted.
This is not an error on the TV box itself.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. The fault is in the communication. The driections and user guides say that the default pin is 1234. The clarification mad by Lucy above should be embedded in the documentation and user guides. Instead Virgin lets their customers waste hours looking for solutions in a big mess of 'community forums'. It is an abdication of care for customer experience.