cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching Sky Sports on iPad

ppittman4
On our wavelength

I have an iPad Air with iOS 12.5.7. 

When using wi-fi i can view Sky Sports and TNT Sports with no problems.

I sometimes take my iPad fishing and tether it with my iPhone 12 with iOS 16.6 which is on O2. TNT Sports works fine but i get the 'video unavailable' error with Sky Sports.

Used to work fine for everything but i have had the problem with Sky Sports for a while now.

10 REPLIES 10

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ppittman4 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting, welcoming you back onto the community forum 😊.

What stage do you get when watching this live tv or anything else?

Let us know, we want to help.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

When my iPad is connected onto wi-fi, all live tv works fine.

When im not at home, i setup a Personal hotspot on my phone and tether the iPad to that. All live Tv works, apart from Sky Sports. I get the video unavailable error when i try to watch anything live on sky sports.

Hi @ppittman4 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

Have you got a VPN on your iPad or Phone?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ppittman4
On our wavelength

Hi John_GS,

I do have a vpn on my ipad but I only use it at home. I dont use it when im not on wi-fi. I dont have a vpn on my iphone.

ppittman4
On our wavelength

Also, when I am at home and my iphone is connected to wi-fi, i can tether my ipad via personal hotspot and i can get Sky Sports and everything else working fine. Seems to only be that when I am just using 5G signal on my iphone that sky sports doesnt work.

Hi @ppittman4 

Could you test it out at home with another phone tethering to it? Just to rule it out being that phone being the issue.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ppittman4
On our wavelength

Think i know the issue. I had my phone off of wi-fi and just on 5G. Sky Sports and everything else worked fine. I have a feeling that when it failed i must of had a bad signal, maybe 4G and thats probably not good enough to watch live tv via Sky Sports, even tho TNT sports works fine. Ill try it again the next time i see my signal down to 4G.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ppittman4 

Thanks for your response

Please do keep me updated with how you get on ppittman4 and we can look to advise further if needs be

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ppittman4
On our wavelength

I managed to get my phone signal down to 4G. Tethered my ipad and everything was working fine, incuding Sky Sports. I can only think that i must have been somewhere that had a very poor O2 signal which is why i coudnt watch live Sky Sports. I will check the next time I am fishing as it is in a remote area.