cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STV Channel keeps showing error 4001

Martinf6565
Tuning in

After an update the STV channel keeps showing a 4001 error not available at this time. Have cleared cache and data, reinstalled app but to no avail. Does anyone else has the same issue. 

12 REPLIES 12

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Martinf6565 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this. 

Does this also happen via a browser for you as well?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, Thanks for your reply. It only happens on one device a Samsung A6 Tablet SM-T585. I have two other Samsung devices and it works fine on them. Both of these devces are running Andriod Version 13. The SM-T585 is running Andriod Version 8.1.0. So I figure the issue might be that the update does not fully support this version and it just seems to be the STV channel that is affected. Hope this helps. Martin

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Martinf6565 

Can you download and use the STV Player app from google play store on your SM-T585  instead?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Once it stopped working on Virgin I downloaded the STV app and it works fine.  It would be more useful to having it working on the Virgin app as it has subtitles but have the Stv app as an alternative. M

Pleased to hear you're able to use the STV app as a work around for now Martin.

Can you please send us over a screenshot of the error and tell us exactly how you navigate to the channel within TV Go to produce this error?

Thanks,

Beth

Hi Beth, thank you for your reply. I installed the app a number of times with clearing the cache and data. I select the app, sign  in or use saved login credentials. Select live TV, it shows the channels and STV icon is there  Select STV icon very briefly shows the program then shows attached error. Any thoughts. M

Screenshot_20231028-180615_Virgin TV Go.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Martinf6565 

I can't check subtitles on live TV on the STV Player as I'm based in England, however they do work on most non - live programs. If you click on the screem whilst a program is playing then there is usually an S icon to denote subtitles are available. Clicking on the S icon will enable the subtitles.

Also, using my android devices there is a hamburger icon (3 vertical dots) in the top right hand corner of the screen, clicking on that brings up the Settings . From within there you can turn on subtitles by default.

It might also be an idea to download the ITVX app and enter an English postcode so you can watch programs from the main ITV1 channel and they should also have subtitles available in the same way as the STV player (pause and click the S icon or go into settings and enable them by default)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Were you able to follow the excellent steps and advice offered by newapollo Martinf6565? Did they help resolve some of the issues experienced?

Rob

Hi newappollo, thank you for your reply. You hit the nail on the head with STV subtitles. There are not available for live programs. It was the first thing I checked for when I had to use it. Interesting suggesting using an English postcode. I would still like to discover or confirm why the STV channel does not work on Virgin TV Go. Is it the Android version or something else. Thank you for your feedback.M