cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return old hub VM fail

Ashg
Superfast

I have a old hub and yes VM sent me a email on how to return this. Which seems good on the face of it.
Posting to not an option as none of the Yodel shops are in a good spot for me!

I followed the link in the email to where to drop it off without posting and it gave me the option for an O2 store. . Many miles away but a family member was going there . On trying to drop it off was told no we are a franchise and we don't take old hubs 😠. Lucky this was not a 10 mile trip just to do this! 

One more fail from VM and O2 as well 🙄

24 REPLIES 24

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it's a Hub 3, it seems VM no longer want these back.  You can recycle at your local centre if they take electrical goods.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I know that but VM say I can return it to them and the link was that O2 store. My point is it's one more fail by VM to give correct information to their customers. Yes I can go to my local tip five miles away but again I don't go that way for any other reason. Guess it will sit in my house for months until I go that way.

Hi Ashg,

I'm very sorry to hear you had issues returning our equipment back. Just to clarify - we now require Hub 3s to be returned back to us and O2 stores are able to accept equipment returns. It sounds like what the O2 agent advised was incorrect, and so I am really sorry about the inconvenience caused there.

Do you have no Yodel stores near you at all? I appreciate the frustration, however I would try to return the equipment to the same store again or try another store that's close to you. If you're happy to let us know which store you tried, we can get in touch with them.

Kind regards

Beth

Client62
Legend

we now require Hub 3s to be returned back to us

On the VM Returns page only Hub 4 & 5 & 5x are mentioned.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment

Twyst
On our wavelength

When did this requirement happen? I was sent a Hub4 to replace my Hub3 last year - no instructions were given to return it and after having it running without issue for over well over 6 months and knowing the Hub3 wouldn't work on my account anyway as it's been upgraded I recycled it at my local electrical recycling center as I don't have too much space for old equipment.

I can't find any link or contact details to say I've done this and VM keep sending me messages to return something to be recycled which I have already recycled!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It seems that VM are now following the government requirement to take back all waste electrical equipment for recycling. It is not up to them to decide which they want back.

They should be changing their web page accordingly.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/regulations-waste-electrical-and-electronic-equipment

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ashg
Superfast

Once again VM have told me by email I must return this old hub. Well I have tried and my local O2 shop will not take it, yet this is the shop that VM have pointed to via a link!
Would a VM staff member like to comment?

Hello, It was the Didcot store but it maybe many weeks before I go that way again as that is cost to me to drive there just for that! The same goes for Yodel drop off's in my area

@Beth_G wrote:

Hi Ashg,

I'm very sorry to hear you had issues returning our equipment back. Just to clarify - we now require Hub 3s to be returned back to us and O2 stores are able to accept equipment returns. It sounds like what the O2 agent advised was incorrect, and so I am really sorry about the inconvenience caused there.

Do you have no Yodel stores near you at all? I appreciate the frustration, however I would try to return the equipment to the same store again or try another store that's close to you. If you're happy to let us know which store you tried, we can get in touch with them.

Kind regards

Thanks for coming back to the thread @Ashg.

Check out the envelope in the top right and corner, and I will attempt to have this collected from you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn