On our wavelength

Why can’t the Connect app see my hub 3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ceedev, 

Thanks for your post I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with getting your hub and the Connect app to connect. 

In order for it to work you need to ensure you're loading the app when connected to your home WiFi. It won't connect if you're on mobile data, VPN or a different WiFi network. It this still doesn't work, do a hardware reset on your hub ensuring you hold the reset button for a full 45 seconds. 

If you're still having issues then we would need a little more information from you so we can feed this back into the project. 

If you're using an Android device, can you please go in to your Settings > Network & Internet > Select Internet > The one you're connected to, click on the settings cog > Scroll down to Gateway, Subnest mask, IP Address and DNS. 

If you're using an Apple device, can you please go in to your Settings > select WiFi > click the little I in a circle next to the network you're connected to. Scroll down to IP Address, Subnet Mask and Router.

Once you've navigated your way to the information, can you please take a screenshot of these and send to me in a private message please? To do this just click on my name and once my profile loads there should be a send message option at the top right-hand side 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

49 REPLIES 49

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ceedev,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with the Connect App and your hub 3. What happens, when you try to login to the Connect App?

Regards,

Steven_L

ceedev
On our wavelength

I can log in but when prompted to connect to my hub, it tries for a while then I get the same message shown earlier in this string, ie can’t find the hub. I’ve rebooted the hub and reinstalled the connect app

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure the phone is not re-downloading an older "cloud" version of the app.  Clear the phone's cache and make sure it's the latest version of the app you are getting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ceedev
On our wavelength

I assume you mean the history and data in Safari, Adduxi. Is that right? If not can you tell me how? The app is downloading from the cloud. I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, not the Safari cache.  I was referring more to an Android phone.  As for iOS, I don't know.  Have you rebooted the phone after you delete the app and all it's data, and again reboot after a fresh install ?

If this fails, I don't have any other suggestions at this time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ceedev
On our wavelength

l’ll try that, many thanks.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ceedev, 

Thanks for your post I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with getting your hub and the Connect app to connect. 

In order for it to work you need to ensure you're loading the app when connected to your home WiFi. It won't connect if you're on mobile data, VPN or a different WiFi network. It this still doesn't work, do a hardware reset on your hub ensuring you hold the reset button for a full 45 seconds. 

If you're still having issues then we would need a little more information from you so we can feed this back into the project. 

If you're using an Android device, can you please go in to your Settings > Network & Internet > Select Internet > The one you're connected to, click on the settings cog > Scroll down to Gateway, Subnest mask, IP Address and DNS. 

If you're using an Apple device, can you please go in to your Settings > select WiFi > click the little I in a circle next to the network you're connected to. Scroll down to IP Address, Subnet Mask and Router.

Once you've navigated your way to the information, can you please take a screenshot of these and send to me in a private message please? To do this just click on my name and once my profile loads there should be a send message option at the top right-hand side 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ceedev

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the team. 

They have advised that a small fix was put in place for some users overnight last night. Can you please delete the app from your device, reinstall it and make sure you are opening it whilst connected to the Home WiFi Hub. Try connecting to the Hub and let me know how you get on. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

ceedev
On our wavelength

No luck Kath. The app still can’t find my hub.