cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book an Engineer

lemonie2000
Joining in

Impossible to book an engineer, can't get through on the phone and no option I can find in the app. Need to move my router since voip enabled. Virgin kindly sent me an extension cable, but it's the new push type and doesn't fit my wall socket or hub (threaded). Phone line just sends me link texts and hangs up. Chat bot useless. App no help. Where are the humans? Help please Virgin 🙏 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The new push fit sockets do fit over the old threaded ones.  Just give it a shove, that's how they are designed.  If you need a coupler, get one of these https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The new push fit sockets do fit over the old threaded ones.  Just give it a shove, that's how they are designed.  If you need a coupler, get one of these https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the input. The ones I have (F type) have thin copper out the end and screw on. The new push fit ends are quite fat in comparison. Didn't want to wreck the port.

UPDATE! IT WORKED!

THANKS SO MUCH

Can you post pictures of what you have?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update on this matter lemonie2000,

I'm glad you were able to get this sorted!

Do pop back up if you require any further assistance.

Take care,

Kain