cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving router

SSE
Joining in

Hiya. When we had our broadband installed last year, there was already a Virgin socket in our living room from a previous occupant, so we just went with that without thinking. However, this is the most remote corner of the flat, and we often can't get a wifi connection in the bedroom on the other side. From reading this forum, I see that it's possible to get the router connection moved - I don't know why we didn't think of this months ago! Could I please arrange for this to be moved to the hallway in the middle of the flat?

Cheers, Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Standard £25 non fault call out fee for this work.  If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Standard £25 non fault call out fee for this work.  If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SSE,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your current set up. We can get a technician out to help rearrange the install for you, but as @Adduxi has advised, there would be a £25 call out fee for that. You can find more details regarding this by checking out our Price Guide.

If you're happy to accept the charge and to proceed with this, let us know and we can assist further in setting this up for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach. Sure, £25 will be fine, but will it be possible to renew our contract at the same time if we pay for this change (so that it no longer expires later this year)?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SSE 

You can re-negotiate a new contract at any time, however you will get the best deals when you are close to the end of your current discounted term (generally within the last 30 days)

Unfortunately Forum Staff are unable to process new deals. You would be best speaking to retentions (thinking of leaving) which is option 4 when dialling 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Zach_R. I'd like to arrange this router move please. How do I proceed?

Thank you for that SSE. I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

rachelandalex
Joining in

Hello, 

Forgive me for jumping in here, but I have an external cabling issue that I've been searching the forums for, and I got directed to this thread.

A couple of months back an engineer came and moved our router and media box etc as we were at the beginning of extending our house. The engineer said when the work was complete he'd return to us to shorten the external cable and fix it to the new wall. Please could someone let me know the best way of organising this? The building work is complete, and now I have two young children trying to avoid the gigantic cable in our back garden...!

Thanks is advance for your help.

Hi @rachelandalex,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that there's some extensive cabling in the home which poses a potential health and safety risk. I'm going send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @rachelandalex,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could look into this for you. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but this can be checked and managed via the My Virgin Media online account. It may not appear straight away, but after an hour or so it should update and show it.

A fault technician visit is free of charge unless one of the below instances apply:

•    You are not present for the technician visit.
•    The fault is due to your own equipment.
•    The fault is due to damage caused by yourself or someone at the premises which we were not aware of.
•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

If any of the above apply, there will be a £25 charge which will be added to the next monthly bill.

You can find more information about this here.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team