cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reseting router

andy1494
Dialled in

Hi there am having signal issue with ring doorbell,  told to reset my router, besides taking plug out that all I can do , want to check settings from 2.5 to 5ghz, won't let me log into it either way. Not sure if it been locked out by password by the engineer,  it my password for the WiFi. Is it possible to factory reset please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Once you pinhole reset a Hub, it should be back to factory settings.  You use the settings (admin) password to access 192.168.0.1 and when you first login, it will ask you to set a new admin password. It will then reboot and you can access with your admin password from then on.  NOTE - This admin password is different from the Wifi password, so should not be confused.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use the pinhole reset button. Hold in for 60 seconds and release. Do not reboot the Hub as it will do this itself.  The factory passwords are printed on the bottom of the Hub. You will need these after the pinhole reset. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Evening thanks for that, will have to try tmr now,  just one question after doing it I want to put my own password back in, not the one on hub, is that what I cannot do tried normal h 100 . Something like that through admin won't let me in

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Once you pinhole reset a Hub, it should be back to factory settings.  You use the settings (admin) password to access 192.168.0.1 and when you first login, it will ask you to set a new admin password. It will then reboot and you can access with your admin password from then on.  NOTE - This admin password is different from the Wifi password, so should not be confused.

Thanks, still not tried yet will get back