cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving router

SSE
Joining in

Hiya. When we had our broadband installed last year, there was already a Virgin socket in our living room from a previous occupant, so we just went with that without thinking. However, this is the most remote corner of the flat, and we often can't get a wifi connection in the bedroom on the other side. From reading this forum, I see that it's possible to get the router connection moved - I don't know why we didn't think of this months ago! Could I please arrange for this to be moved to the hallway in the middle of the flat?

Cheers, Simon

26 REPLIES 26

Hi @Zach_R. I'd also like to arrange a router move please. How do I proceed?

thanks

Hi Kstarby, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get your Hub relocated 👨‍🔧 

We'll need to go into a quick private message so that we can get an engineer visit scheduled, please take note of Zach's information about the engineer call-out above which is still relevant to your request 😊 

Speak to you soon in our private messages!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Al_12
Joining in

Please can I also move my router @Zach_R. I understand that there will be a charge for this. 

Hey Al-12, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community,

You are correct there would be a one off charge of £25 for this, I will also send you a PM to get this looked into for you. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Al_12,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Jodi. 

Hi,

Sorry to butt in like this but would also like to get this sorted for my home moving from the living room into the office

tried calling up however no avail due to long queue times

the £25 is completely fine

Hey JoshLivie,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
 I can arrange the appointment to have your router relocated from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Would it possible to arrange for my router to be moved to my office please  

Would it be possible to get my Virgin router moved 🙂

Hi Stevenfox,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'll pop you over a message now so we can get this arranged.

Thanks 😊

Beth