cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pod

NigelJB
Tuning in

Took delivery of a new Hub 5 recently but my Pod fails to connect to it.  The VM Connect App initially saw the Pod on the network but advised that it was "unconnected".  Have since tried it in various rooms and power sockets but it only ever shows a Blue flashing light (sometimes Green) and is no longer visible on the VM Connect App.  Is it possible to force it to connect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

The pod should be paired with the new HUB automatically when activated, however, this doesn't always occur.

VM need to sort on their end.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

carl_pearce
Community elder

The pod should be paired with the new HUB automatically when activated, however, this doesn't always occur.

VM need to sort on their end.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey NigelJB,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your WiFi pod at the moment, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us NigelJB, I have now added the pod to your new router, please give this a few minutes and it should start to connect with your hub.

Please do let me know, if you have any further issues. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

NigelJB
Tuning in

Many thanks Steven.  Spotted your reply by accident having clicked on your profile and listed some of your replies.  Plugged the Pod back in and used the Connect App to optimise it and it now seems fine, and has linked to a Bose speaker that is in the close proximity.

Regards

NigelJB

Thanks for coming back to us NigelJB and I'm glad that your pod is working as it should now.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, @Steven_L

I’m having a very similar issue trying to connect my WiFi pod, which I received on Saturday. I have a hub 3 which just will not recognise the pod, no matter what I try (including resetting the hub).

I have posted more details in this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Wi-Fi-pod-flashing-blue/td-p/5270162/page/4

And still can’t sort the issue myself.

Having seen that you have been able to successfully resolve NigelJB’s problem, I am hoping you might be able to help me out, too.

Please do reach out if you can, as I am having no luck on my own.

Thanks!

Hey @BeginnersLuck,

Thanks for reaching out here as well, I can see that my colleague has been responding to you via that post, we would ask that you not post on multiple threads as it can make it hard when trying to help you.

Joe

Hi, @Joseph_B, thank you for your reply. 

Sorry for the double posting. I'd not received a response in the other thread before posting here - and after a few days of trying to get the pod to connect, I was running out of options, and then discovered this thread, so was hoping I would get some luck.

As you may have seen in the other thread, unfortunately Matthew_ML's suggestion hasn't worked. I'm still waiting for a follow-up from him in that thread, but if you do have any suggestions they would be gratefully received - either in this thread, or the other one, if that keeps things simple.

I'm not trying to over-complicate things in multiple threads, I promise. But as I will have had the pod for a week tomorrow, and it's just not working, I am quite keen to resolve the issue. 

Thanks!

Thank for coming back to us BeginnersLuck 😊.

As we can see you are in private message with one of our staff member, to stop confusion please can you remain in that chat and our staff member will be able to assist you further. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide