cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 failed software update

tonyw2
On our wavelength

Last night the network log showed a failed software update. The hub (modem mode) remote rebooted for the update which failed to download. Having read on here that a pin hole 60 second reboot would force an update, I tried that, but I'm still on version LG-RDK_4.6.24-2206.7. 

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

Failed to download reads like the software update was not available to download.  Was that the case ?

tonyw2
On our wavelength

That's what it sounds like to me, but if that was the case why the reboot command for update from VM? 

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tonyw2,

Thanks for posting this on our Community Forums, I'm sorry if this missed firmware update has caused some confusion or frustration. 

Could you let us know how the situation is currently and if you still need help please? 

If you do still need help, please give us as much information as possible about the issue you're facing.

Thanks,

Megan_L

fizz
Fibre optic

Mine updated to the new vesrion and then I had to do a pinhole reset and it regressed to this version and has not tried since. The new version seemed far more stable for me and also gave me DOCSIS 3.1 figures which are helpful for trying to get my ongoing issues resolved. I would like to know how to force an update as obvioulsy a pinhole reset does not.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately there is no way to force an update, you just have to wait.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

tonyw2
On our wavelength

The situation is unchanged. Hub is still on LG-RDK_4.6.24-2206.7 and it is as though the failed update never happened.

tonyw2
On our wavelength

Update... My hub successfully updated this morning and is now running firmware LG-RDK_6.9.35-2302.6 the sequence of events was as follows...

VM online status was showing planned work in my area 

Work starts
25th October at 12:01am

Work ends
25th October at 6:01am.

Something had happened as there were many downstream errors so I power reset the hub and it came back without the logged errors as expected. Then, about ten minutes later, it rebooted again and came back running the latest firmware, with the network log showing "Cable Modem Reboot because of - Software_Upgrade".

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tonyw2 

Thanks for your response - great to hear this is now back up and running and sorry for the delay with this.

Be sure to contact us if you ever require any further assistance

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs