cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Wifi Pods

B3nchPress
Joining in

Hi All, 

So I have the Gig line and do have some spots in the house that I want to improve the connection. I know with this package I get the black Wifi pods. How do I get hold of them without going through the whole tech support line? 

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The official route is to use the VM Connect app.  Failing this, just wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up and discuss. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Had major issues with the app - cant find the router, reinstalled the app still the same issues 

Hi B3nchPress,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear the Hub 5.0 isn't connecting to your Connect App, what device are you using, is it WiFi 6 compatible?

Regards

Paul.

Yes I have a Google pixel 6

Hi @B3nchPress thanks for your reply.

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home Wi-Fi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a different Wi-Fi network, Guest network on your own Wi-Fi, VPN, or mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that:

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems that's causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We're already investigating this as a high priority.
Pop back and keep us posted.

Thanks,

Tom_W

Done and still the same 

1000017807.png

Losing faith in this hub and the supporting apps, might take up the advice from your own engineer and change the hub 5 to modem mode and by my own mesh network. Just wishing it was a little bit easier like when I was with BT. Rang up and got a disc to cover my black spots in my house... 

Thanks for trying this @B3nchPress  

Sorry to hear this is still unresolved for you. 

Can you please run a Sam Know speed check on your WiFi in the area(s) of the home that you're having speed concerns. Ensure that you're connected to the home network with no VPN enabled.

Post your results here and we can support further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley