Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Double charged final bill and also can’t view it

Amazingly frustrating experience with virgin media where I’ve been charged twice for my final bill of £290. I paid it manually after viewing the bill suggested that I’d been late to pay the bill. Also haven’t received any email of any sort about my f...

WiFi Pod not delivered twice

Hi All. Just wondering if anyone else is struggling to get hold of their WiFi Pods? I've spoken to Virgin twice now, and on both occasions they've confirmed a date for delivery, and both dates have come and gone! Any recommendations please? It takes ...

LJH23 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Wi-Fi dropping off

My Wi-Fi keeps dropping off but when I use VM connect it tells me I have good internet. This isn’t generally just one location in my house either. If I want to watch something on Amazon prime via my firestick in the kitchen the only way I can get a s...

borolad59 by On our wavelength
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Virgin Media Connect App not connecting to Hub 3

I have connected Hub 3  I am able to connect to WiFi. After the activation I have installed virgin media connect  app but it is keep installing the hub 3 for long time and then failed with message “We can’t find your hub”. I have tried all the stuff ...

joe19 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Partial Service DS only

Hi My speeds been very patchy so i checked my routers status page and against internet it stated 2Partial Service DS only"I fully reset the router by pushing a pin in the back, but its made it way worse. Initially it came Internet: "Access Denied" bu...

randybaton by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

New customer wifi not working

Hi everyone, we had VM installed today which was tv and fibre broadband. Since the engineer left it stopped working straight away. I have attempted to reset things etc but things have not worked and the fault remained the same. The Wi-Fi image was a ...

Resolved! HUB 4 VPN Issues

Had Hub 3 changed Upgraded to Hub 4 Oct 23 , unable to connect to VPN either wireless or cabled for work, ISP address on 3 is was exactly the same as 4, works message says failed IP.address locked? Not a clue they cannot fix it how do I keep WFH when...

Don't pause devices

Had trouble today when I paused my phone on the vm connect app and there is no way to resolve the issue. Had to reset my router which in turn reverted back to original name and password. I would advice everyone to never pause a device