cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew my contract - HOW ?????

guilbert
Dialled in

I have Virgin Media Broadband and Phone and have had it for many years. 

My contract has run out and just today I had an email from Virgin Media with the headline "Same Great Package even better price" with the offer of 25% off the price if I renew my contact now.

I decided to do this and there is a large button in the email saying "Renew your contract".

I press this button and it takes me to the Virgin Media web site with a message "Oops! Looks like something's gone wrong. We could not find the page you are looking for". This sort of thing is VERY frustrating  

The web site it is on to show the error message is:

https://care.virginmedia.com/care/error/xsus?u_journey=90015&p_tier=CC_2235B2

Anyway I **DO* want to renew my contract at this price but I search all over the Virgin Media web site and cant find this offer anywhere, nor can I even find a "renew your contract" option.

Can anyone help me or tell me who I can phone to renew my contract.

Note City Fibre have just laid their broadband cables in my street and are bombarding me with emails and letters asking me to join them. It would not take much for me to jump ship from Virgin Media to City Fibre so if you want to keep my business please tell me how to renew my Virgin Media contract!!!!!   

9 REPLIES 9

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @guilbert thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

We are aware of an issue with that link, and we are looking into this and trying to resolve ASAP.

Please sit tight on this and we'll update as soon as we have any further news.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

I wonder if the nice offer from VM is in any connected to the recent deployment by CityFibre in your street.  It would be interesting to hear from others who have been offered the same deal to see if it's a competition thing. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

guilbert
Dialled in

I think the offer from VM (and O2) is more about Virgin / O2 keeping customers.

I also have a Virgin Mobile phone which has just been ported across from VM to an O2 service.

While porting across from VM to O2 they have doubled my data allowance (without me asking).

guilbert
Dialled in

What are you playing at Virgin, you really are testing my patience !!!.

As you can see above, two weeks ago I got an email from you offering to renew my contract at 25% discount, but pressing the button in the email gave me a "Opps  Somethings gone wrong" message.

Been waiting for a new email ever since, and today (25th July 2023) I got another "fresh" email with the same offer. 

Excitedly I press the "Renew your contract" button, and AGAIN I get the "Oops! Looks like something's gone wrong" message on this web page

https://care.virginmedia.com/care/error/xsus?u_journey=90015&p_tier=CC_2235B2

Dont you want my business?

I do wonder how you manage to keep your company going with such terrible problems.

Is it so difficult to send me an email that actually takes me to the correct page?.

Looks like I will have to move to City Fibre after all as they seem to WANT my business and are offering me a better price as well.  

Sad because I have been with Virgin Media since they were Birmingham Cable Communications over 20 years ago.

Thanks for coming back to us guilbert. 

We fully understand the frustration and inconvenience caused due to this issue. We are aware of this issue and our team are working as quickly as possible to get this matter resolved for all customer who are looking to renew their contracts.

We do appreciate your patience and apologise once again for the delay.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I have the same issue, as do others, I have tried contacting via the messaging service, waited an hour the gave up.

unless you want me to move to Sky this needs improved urgently, no point having a good product and shockingly poor customer service

Hi WFBS,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. We can certainly understand your frustration with this matter. We are aware of the issue and our team are trying to resolve this issue as quickly as we possibly can.

Kind regards Jodi. 

kevkdg
Dialled in

I got the same links and same issue.  I called and spoke to retentions, they couldn't offer me anything and strangely enough offered to renew my contract at the price I am paying out of contract.  Chap raised a ticket for someone to call me back within 5 working days and nothing.  So, now I can see no other option than to cancel my subscription and change supplier.

Hi Kevkdg,

Thank you for your post. We are sorry the offer the sent to you via email isn't working. 

When you spoke with the Retention's team, were they able to offer you any packages on the call?

Were you given any reference for the ticket raised?

^Martin