cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a new package

tafer2uk
Tuning in

Hi

I've just negotiated a new package today as I was out of contract and had sky sports included in SD. Just been on the TV and they are active but the quality is poor. Searching Google it appears you can add HD/UHD for a monthly fee of £7. If I want to add this how do I do it and will it affect my new contract? I can't see anything in my account to make changes even when I click change my package? There is a box showing Sky sports which the radio button is filled in, and the Sky sports HD is there but it won't let me select Sky HD and remove Sky sports SD. Frustratingly the difference in price is showing as £3 a month extra for HD which I would have taken had I known it was an option. I would be grateful for any advice. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As stated, you can’t make any changes now for 24 hours, apart from cancelling & starting again.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don’t remove Sky Sports SD. Sky Sports HD is a (Sky imposed) add-on supplement to the SD channels, so you have to have both on your account to get HD. Sky Sports UHD is an additional supplement on top of Sky Sports HD, & the amount is dependent on your current package. These add-ons (at base prices only) are on a separate 30 day rolling contract. If you were being offered it for £3 a month there would likely be a timed lock-in attached to your new contract.

If you have only just changed your package you will be locked out of further changes for 24 hours.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Do I need to phone up to discuss this or can it be done online? I could always cancel under the cooling off period and renegotiate but seems a bit of a faff.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As stated, you can’t make any changes now for 24 hours, apart from cancelling & starting again.

OK, thanks.

Hi tafer2uk

Thanks for posting in regards to your recent package changes and Sky Sports, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We aren't able to make any changes to packages via the forum but if you can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you. 

We also have these contact methods available https://virg.in/contactvm. You could keep your existing package and ask for Sky Sports to be upgraded to HD for £7 per month if you wanted to.

Rob