cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice: Contract Renewal Without Authorization

owene851
Joining in

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to share a frustrating situation I recently encountered and seek some advice from this supportive community.

I discovered that my contract was renewed without my authorization. I feel upset and somewhat violated by this, especially considering the personal nature of my situation.

I wanted to reach out to all of you to hear if anyone has faced a similar issue and how you handled it. I'm not sure about the next steps to take, and the lack of consent in renewing my contract has left me feeling a bit lost.

If anyone has experience dealing with contract issues or any insights into how to address this situation, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. It's important for me to navigate this in a way that respects my rights and ensures fair treatment.

12 REPLIES 12

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey owene851, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

We wouldn't be able to extend or renewal your contract without your permission as the customer also has to agree to the paperwork.

What changes have been made to your contract? Please also remember you do have a 14 day cooling off period if some changes wore made and you didn't want them or change your mind on it. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

well i have been put into another contract even tho i wanted to change providers and i have to pay a exit fee even tho i didnt want to renew my contract and they said they have voice recording even tho i have asked for it multiple times and have been refused many times which shows me they have renewed without my consent so is there anyway you can cancel my contract?

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Did you get an email about renewed contract.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

yes i got an email saying renew for a exclusive offer but i ignored the email 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI request the recordings, notes, etc via a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) here Online Subject Access Request FAQs | Virgin Media Help; Virgin Media have a calendar month to reply after which you can report any non-compliance to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

can you dm me in private messages?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you reach the end of a 12/18/24 month contract period you are just put on a 30 day rolling contract unless you cancel. The cancellation requires 30 days notification before termination. Therefore is you which to terminate you need to advise VM of the cancellation 30 days before the end on the 12/18/24 period. All this will be in your original contract that very few people actually fully read.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

how come i was put on a 18 month contract then not a 30 day one?

Hi Owene851 👋 Thank you for getting back to us. 

So sorry to hear these concerns about your contract! We will need to take a few account details via PM so we can take a closer look at what has happened and offer further support. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly