cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal

davidmcmaster34
Joining in

On the 16th of January I received an email from Virgin Media. Included within was: It looks like your contract's ending soon. As a thanks for being a Virgin Media customer, for a limited time only, get the same great package for the same price. I could have gotten a cheaper deal elsewhere but stuck with Virgin. So on the 5th February ( cut off was 7th) I signed up. Same Price, Same Package, no fuss. I've ended up with Same Price, Different Package, lots of fuss. Effectively I've lost TNT sports. The two agents I spoke to before they both cut me off explained the issue. I really don't care why something is a problem. I just want Virgin Media to honour what I signed up to. And getting cut off twice was not appreciated. I've sent off a complaint but have been advised this can take up to 28 days. This is so poor on so many levels. Raising this on a Which forum, apparently I'm far from alone in having such issues. Can anyone suggest a faster way to rectify this without listening to 25 mins of mind shredding music each time, being told what the problem is and then having your call terminated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

Sadly this seems to be happening a lot at the moment, it looks like this is a new tactic. Envoke your 14 day cooling off period, don't stand for this wait 15 days nonsense they also seem to be trying as that will trap you and go for the cheaper provider you mentioned. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

Sadly this seems to be happening a lot at the moment, it looks like this is a new tactic. Envoke your 14 day cooling off period, don't stand for this wait 15 days nonsense they also seem to be trying as that will trap you and go for the cheaper provider you mentioned. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi davidmcmaster34,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sincere apologies for the differences within your new package, I'd imagine when you first took out your prior package is before the venture to TNT occurred as now it is an additional service.

To clarify was this purely completed online? Also is the complaint regarding this matter still open?

Regards,

Kain

Alby41
Up to speed

sounds like falsehood to me when first VM tell you that you can have * the same great package for the same great price * ....for a limited time .... sign you and renege on the deal ... why ? after having told you .. what a shambles ! let us know how eventually what happens .... good luck buddy 😊

PB649
Joining in

I had the same email from Virgin Media last week, my contract is up in May and the email stated renew now without the hassle of going elsewhere and contacting us.  I had been paying £75 for what was the Ultimate Volt package.  At no time did it mention that TNT Sports was now an add on channel and would not be part of the new deal.  So I renewed and received the contract and itemised breakdown.  On Saturday 24th February, I went to TNT Sports channel 1 to watch a football game, and to my surprise is wasn`t available?  Knowing that I had a 14 day cooling off period I rang Virgin Media and explained to the operator what had happened.  Fair play to the operator and Virgin Media they accepted that the offer of a like for like package from my previous package should be honoured.  I received an email showing what had been taken away, TV: Maxit TV - Sky Sports and Cinema Collection - Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD
Phone: Talk More Anytime

And what had been added,  

Your new package now includes:

TV: TNT Sports - Discount - Mega TV - Sky Cinema Collection - Sky Sports Collection - Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD
Broadband: Discount
Phone: Anytime chatter.

So, a message to everyone, check your existing package, and check your renewal package to see if you have channels that are no longer included due to changes.  Also Virgin Media have to honour an advertised " Like for Like" promise, if not stipulated in the email as they would be liable for false advertising.  I am happy now with my new contract going forward to the summer of 2025 for £79 a month.

Notice that TNT Sports is now showing with a discount, please contact them if you are in the same situation.

Hi @PB649 

Thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you also experienced the same issue. 

Can you clarify if the team were able to resolve this for you when you spoke with them or do you still require assistance?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

All was sorted, they really didn`t have any choice.  When emails are sent out with renew your contract for " Like for Like ", they should do their homework prior to sending them.  If packages have changed, then tell people what`s different, I was totally unaware that TNT Sports had been taken out of the new package they were offering me.  However, as said by many on this Forum, it doesn`t matter what`s changed, if Virgin are offering you " Like for Like" that`s what you are entitled to.  When I queried it with the agent, after being on hold and him talking to someone, it was agreed that TNT Sports would be added for the same price as I was quoted.  Massive own goal by VM and really need to get a grip on knowing that people on old packages will have different channels to the ones available now?  I`m happy with the service, and hope everyone else in this situation is offered the same.  The 14 day cooling off period is good for customers too, but, if VM continue to push out these renewals, beware of false advertising, someone should be jumping all over this as VM are losing money on having to give channels out for free.

Glad to hear all was sorted and our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If I can help with anything else, please do let me know.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs