cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itemised landline bill

Aborigine
Joining in

I called VM 8 times yesterday to request an itemised landline calls bill, but although they can see the dates and calls I made, they cannot let me see it! So, all I see is the grand total of extra phone call charges each month, and no way of analysing what numbers they are for.

I am a pensioner aged 70, have been with VM since 2014, and find the fact that this information is denied me very obstructive as I need to budget carefully. 

12 REPLIES 12

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM used to have a limit of 50p before chargeable calls become itemised. It used to be possible to get that removed so you can see all chargeable calls (on future bills). Not sure what the current position is.

You can make a DSAR request to get a record of calls from your line

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

Not sure exactly what that will give you back but it may help identify if you are being billed for 'phantom calls'.

Aborigine
Joining in

I am reporting this practice to Martin Lewis and also Moneybox so they can investigate. I was charged £18.60 for 6 calls, 4 of which were local, the VM call handler told me. Not happy that I cannot see these calls and costs myself frankly, without having to raise an online request, which requires me to justify my reasons for seeing the info, and can actually be refused by VM. It is nonsensical! 

Hi Aborigine,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear you feel this way.

goslow is spot on with their advice - call records won't show on your itemised bill unless they were charged at over 50p. However any other calls should be detailed on your itemised bill, along with the date and time and the number the call was made to. You can view your itemised bills online here. You'll just need to sign into your My Virgin Media account to be able to view them.

Please take a look and let us know if you're able to see everything you need. If not, we would need to discuss the charges and calls with you by taking a look at your account.

If standard calls are included in your package, please ensure that you hang up and redial before 60 minutes otherwise, charges may apply.

Beth

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Aborigine wrote:

I am reporting this practice to Martin Lewis and also Moneybox so they can investigate. I was charged £18.60 for 6 calls, 4 of which were local, the VM call handler told me. Not happy that I cannot see these calls and costs myself frankly, without having to raise an online request, which requires me to justify my reasons for seeing the info, and can actually be refused by VM. It is nonsensical! 

That is a reasonable expectation. It is also an OFCOM requirement. See section C3.7 in

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/112692/Consolidated-General-Conditions.pdf

If the VM forum team is not forthcoming in assisting you, you can consider a formal complaint to VM followed by an escalation to arbitration

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

and

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

I followed your instructions, clicked on here. Signed in. A page of options appeared. I chose Billing and Payments. More options.I chose View Your Bill. Two options: Broadband, TV and Landline OR Mobile. I chose Broadband, TV and Landline. This led me back to the beginning again... Billing and Payments.

Tbis is making me scream,

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

Please ensure you are selecting 'View my Bill in My Virgin Media'.

You will then be redirected to the statement and then you will need to select the dropdown where it says 'Phone' and then your number. 

Is this the page that is sending you back to the beginning?

Thanks, 

Nat

I am signed into My Virgin Media. It says Your Current Bill.
Click on View Your Bill and the whole circular sequence begins as I described above. 
N

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see, thank you. 

Can you please try logging in to your account on another browser to see if the page loads?

In the meantime, we would be happy to provide you with more information regarding your bill. 

I will pop you over a message to confirm a few details. This will be available via the red bar at the top of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Aborigine 

I've enclosed two screen shots that show how to view itemised call charges over 50 pence.

screen 1screen 1screen 2screen 2

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali