cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Brian125
Tuning in

Can anyone help please

I can’t make or receive any phone calls using my landline, there is no dial tone when I try to ring out. When people try to ring the landline it rings out at there end, but doesn’t ring at home.

Ive tried using another phone but still get the same outcome. I’ve taken the face plate off the socket and used the test socket and still the line is dead.

I’ve been online to check the service status and it says everything is working!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Brian125 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been facing these issues with your service, I have taken a look and I can see that you have an appointment booked so the team can take a look.

Please do let us know how things are looking after the appointment? 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Brian125 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been facing these issues with your service, I have taken a look and I can see that you have an appointment booked so the team can take a look.

Please do let us know how things are looking after the appointment? 

Brian125
Tuning in

I’ve received a message from Virgin Media letting me know there was a network problem and they had cancelled the engineers appointment for tomorrow, As other people in my street had the same issue.

About an hour later I had another message from Virgin Media saying they had fixed the network issue 

My landline is currently working fine now

Thank you for popping back to us @Brian125 and we are so glad to hear that the landline is back up and running. 

If you need any further help please do let us know and we will do all we can to help.