cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for calls not made

MrsEmmaB
Joining in

I’m being charged for calls made from my landline, but it is impossible as I have no phone plugged in to my landline and I never have. I have been calling for two months. Nobody has any answers or understands or knows what I’m trying to say when I say it’s not possible for me to have made them.
I have called the number from my bill and it seems to be a scam. When I google the number. It is a local area code but an automated voice on the other end.

Can anybody help us every time I call or speak to somebody on the chat I get nowhere. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello MrsEmmaB

We're sorry to hear of the confusion caused by the charges applied to a recent bill for calls, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We can see you have called and spoken to the team today, we trust they were able to resolve the issue for you and offer advice going forward.

Rob

Hi No unfortunately the issue is not resolved it’s like they don’t believe I’m not making the calls but if they came to my home they would see I have no phone and if they call the number they will see it’s some sort of scam so it needs looking in to they won’t refund me because apparently if my landline is active I must have made the calls it’s so frustrating 

Hi @MrsEmmaB,

I'm sorry to hear that. What was discussed and advised during today's call exactly?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

They said the landline is active so I must have made the calls the only options they suggested was that my package is changed so that any future calls being made by whoever is making them won’t be charged as they will be included in my package. I was then passed to customer services for my refund who advised me I won’t be refunded and only option is to cancel landline but I had been on the phone over an hour to be told that wasn’t an option as I’d be charged to cancel a service so I’m still no further along finding out how these calls are being made from my number from a phone that I do not have 

Hi @MrsEmmaB,

Thank you for expanding. So that we can take a closer look, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments to take a few more details. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Client62
Legend

VM's Horizon like telephone billing system strikes again !

I take it I’m not the only person to have had calls charged without even having a phone ? 

Hi Emma,

Though it can happen, it is rather rare. The technician will be able to check during their visit the cause.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

drcymru
Joining in

I've just discovered I've been making phantom calls since last June.

A small amount every month totaling £10.37. Is there anyone on the Forum Team who can help to sort this problem out for me (and the many others who seem to have the same problem)?