Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub4 not resetting.

Hello.I’ve been without the use of my broadband for nearly two weeks now, and I’m THIS close (I can assure you my fingers are really close together right now) to leaving Virgin Media for a provider that actually cares about their long term customers....

AndrewDA by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Virgin GIG1 Hub5 Needed

Hi there, I've been with Virgin Media or Blueyonder for broadband for getting on for 20 years, I've always been happy with their service but I've been on GIG1 since it first came out and have been offered a Hub5 so many times, I even had time off wor...

en3rmax by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Red light hub 3 always on despite resetting several times

Hi I have tried resetting the hub multiple times (through the App, reset button, un plug). I have left the hub off for a long period of time (couple of hours) to see if it would cool however the red light remains. I called virgin media only to be tol...

MZZ by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netflix programmes missing

Hi folks, a couple of titles have disappeared on all my devices whilst using Netflix on Virgin Wi-fi. my son watches Big Bang Theory and Friends practically on a loop but they don’t appear to be there anymore whilst using Virgin Wi-fi. They are still...

Joxers by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Port 433 enabled for CCTV but not working.

I have just moved over from Sky to VM. Port forwarding configured but port 443 is blocked. I have checked if ports are blocked via canyouseeme and only 433 is not opened and this is required for the CCTV remotely. I can ping the static iP add for the...

IMG_9023.jpeg IMG_9025.jpeg IMG_9024.jpeg
TeeB by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

HUB 3 Stuck in Update?

Hi Guys, i've had a flashing green light since yesterday at 9.30PM. It seems to be stuck in an update of some sort. When connected to the hub over WiFi it just states that there is no internet access. According to posts on social media, there are oth...

itssiem1 by Just joined
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constant red light

Hi,I’ve seen that a few people have had the same issues so apologies for repeating however our superhub 3.0 has been showing a solid red light for months now. Our wifi connections are temperamental, sometimes it’s fine, sometimes it hardly works at a...

Vkb1 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constant WiFi Problems

Hello, Since I switched to Virgin Media I have had constant outages every few days.If there isn't an outage, it slows down significantly. I am not getting the service I paid for at all and there has never been compensation credited to my account.The ...