Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Gig1 - issues after upgrade

Decided to upgrade my Wi-Fi to gig1, have had nothing but grief ever since! customer service seem to send you round in circles, speed tests showing they are ‘supplying’ agreed speeds through the cable, but Wi-Fi is atrocious at best, no internet comi...

Red light on hub

Hi  I have red light on my hub. I have switched on and off and the light still remains. Can you advise if this needs replacing. It does not seem hot to touch.  

IMG_0103.jpeg

Solid red light superhub 3

Hi my parents are having the Solid red light issue with their superhub 3 like I did a few months back and as they are over 80yrs old they keep getting fobbed off and they are confused with it all.I hope there is someone on here who can get them an en...

Resolved! Waiting for previous owners service to be disconnected?

Hello! First time poster so I'm not sure how this works yet but hopefully someone here has some advice!I moved into a new flat (as a tenant) at the end of last month, and contacted the moving team to get my WiFi moved to my new flat with meI was told...

ylime by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

1gb wifi but still tv buffers

We still have buffering when trying to watch Tvrouter is Approx 2ft from tv and we have 2 x wifi pods still buffers ….what can I do ? I need step by step instructions as I’m rubbish at this sort of thing 

DH74 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Missing power cable for mini box

Hi, seen a couple of posts regarding this but can't seem to access them.I recently upgraded to multiroom and received a mini box. Unfortunately, I have come to use it today for the football and found I have a power cable for the hub 5....I've tried W...

Red light on router

Hi I have a red light on my router.Reset a number of times, switched off router for twelve hours but still red light remains.Router appears quite warm and broadband is still working fine possibly needs replacing before it fails. Did post yesterday bu...

Griff964 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos