Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

How do I order booster pod?

Recently become a new, broadband customer, although there has been a few issues along the way with intermittent Wi-Fi. Most of the problem is solved now and we have had one booster pod delivered which works well. However we have very poor Internet in...

New Router/hub request please

I have been getting a lot of intermittent connection lately and was going to get an engineer to come but I think it is the hub as am still on the hub 3. It seems to be fine for a week then if not turned on and off again it builds up loads of errors. ...

Resolved! Hub 3 Status & Clarification

I Have had a little bit of an issue with my Hub 3  as of late & I am after some clarification of If i have an issue or not,From what i have read on here my power Level forDownstream are perfectly fine (between -2    -    0 )Channel Frequency (Hz) Pow...

Virgin Media Connect Band Selection

Hi,I’m getting VM gigabit package next week and will getting the WiFi pods too. Does anyone know if I can choose what band I want the devices to connect to on the VM connect app? Thanks. 

Ish24 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Move WiFi router to another room

Hi there, I have the same issue with my wifi router. I was wondering if I can book a non fault call out via this forum too.  Many thanks     [MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]    

Router problem causing intermittent connectivity

HiI have had intermittent connectivity since Sunday 03 March. Router light shows orange. Obviously a faulty connection but intermittent.Usual suspects checked. Plug, cables etc. Turned router off and on. Frustrating to be informed on VM website that ...

AnneMou64 by On our wavelength
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3.0 constant red light for over 6 months

Hi, My Virgin media Hub 3.0 is displaying a constant red light, not the normal white light. It has been the case for over 6 months now, despite resetting, rebooting and trying all the advised methods.The wifi is terrible, and has got worse over recen...

Alexa Echo

I have various echo devices but only 1 refuses to connect to the WiFi. I have followed all amazon trouble shooting. I can connect via my mobile hot-spot but as soon as I return to virgin WiFi it disconnects again.I see from the forum this was a commo...