cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio selection not working

Itshim
On our wavelength

S4C says that my audio selection should work , english not welsh , however it does not. which ever way i set it i get welsh even on a programme they(S4C) say you can change to english. Reported this to them told nothing wrong there end. BOT is a waste of time . By the way Audio description comes up in English when set to engish !

7 REPLIES 7

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, Itshim.
Thanks for reaching out on our help forums and sorry to hear your audio selection is on Welsh no matter which language you're switching this to, we'd love to see how we can best support you with this.

Basic questions but we'd like to make sure, is this currently an issue on S4C only or more channels and which others, if so?
Also, could you advise if rebooting your TV box and/or hub helps with clearing this issue?

Let us know and we're eager to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Itshim
On our wavelength

I only need this on S4C, so not tried anything else. Re booting the box did not help

Thank you for that information. Are you able to try that on another channel to see if it is the same?

^Martin

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Itshim wrote:

S4C says that my audio selection should work , english not welsh , however it does not. which ever way i set it i get welsh even on a programme they(S4C) say you can change to english. Reported this to them told nothing wrong there end. BOT is a waste of time . By the way Audio description comes up in English when set to engish !

S4C is a Welsh channel, so the primary soundtrack broadcast is Welsh. TV boxes are set to English language by default, so assume the primary soundtrack is English. Hence if you want Welsh, select English & if you want English, select Welsh 😕.

Add to that that not all programmes have an English soundtrack (they don't have to carry one) you will get Welsh whatever you select. The last time I used it (Royal Welsh Show) it was working.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It is usually just some live football and some live rugby which has additional English commentary.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Still not fixed,Wales v Poland on now, can't get English commentary 

It is probably because Viaplay Sports 2 are showing the Wales v Poland match which would prevent S4C having English commentary.